- Vested Interest in our School System -
- Proven Community Leadership -
- Committed to Excellence -
- Responsible, Effective Decision Making -
I am excited to run for an open seat on the Dorchester District 2 School Board. As the parent of two children in our school system, I will work tirelessly on behalf of our students. As the husband of an educator in District 2, I will work relentlessly on behalf of our teachers. As a tax-paying citizen of our rapidly expanding county, I will work diligently on behalf of our community.
Why are you running for Dorchester District 2 School Board?
I want to serve our community and be a strong voice for the students, parents, and teachers of District 2. There is nothing more important to me than the future of our children’s education, and I want to have a positive, long lasting impact to ensure we are headed in the right direction. As Dorchester County and surrounding areas continue to grow, the District 2 School Board must make sound, strategic decisions for today, tomorrow, and years to come. As a proven leader and experienced decision maker, I will add immediate value to our school board.
- Vice President – Operations, Automated Trading Desk, A Citigroup Company
- US Navy Veteran
- Member – DD2 Edge Academy Advisory Board (Business, Finance, Management)
- Co-chair – DD2 Bond Referendum Oversight Committee (May 2013 – July 2014)
- Graduate – Leadership Dorchester Class of 2013
- The Charleston Education Foundation – Principal for a Day, 2012/2013
- Flowertown Elementary PTA
- Citigroup Military Veterans Advisory Committee
- Bachelor’s degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Executive Leadership
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Outstanding Adult Student – 2014
- The Arnold Fletcher Award for Outstanding Adult Students – Thomas Edison State College
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal – 2 Awards
Leadership – Excellence – Integrity Justin Farnsworth for School Board